Rss Feed

GOD, Who are You really ????

I've been thinking bout a lot of stuff recently.... I mean so many incidents both and good recently are making me think about my Best Friend FOREVER, JESUS.... And one of the things I want to write about spring from a conversation I had with a friend recently which made me think about, God more….

So this post is all about God …. I hope to answer a few questions that I think hv been around for centuries …. Stuff like who is God? Does He really exist? Does He care for ME? If HE’s so good why would He let bad things happen to good ppl? First off I can’t promise to be able to answer all of these questions completely coz I am no Bible scholar ….. But with a sincere heart and words inspired by God, I hope maybe you will find at least a little peace of mind, and trust God for the rest of your confusions to come to a rest ….

So when I began to think about this, the first thing which sprung to my mind was a Bible verse, before I actually say it … I would like to say I don’t mean to insult anyone out there by quoting this …. Well here it is, in the Book of Psalms, chapter 14 verse 1 it says “The fool has said in his heart, there is no God”.  With that out of the way, let me continue. Sometime back I watched this programme called ‘Way of the Master’  where this person Ray Comfort was interviewing just some random person walking on the streets who just so happened not to believe in God….. And as they talked this person talked away creation with the Big Bang Theory and basically said that there is a logical explanation for everything and so finally Ray asked him a question along these lines, “If God doesn’t exist and science answers everything out there, then just answer this simple question, if you could create something say ….. a cow, where would you start?” So like that person being interviewed I tried to answer the question and it led me to thinking you know ….. it’s not at all possible, when you actually start to think about it, if our human mind doesn’t know where to begin, then how can we so foolishly attribute creation to ‘CHANCE’ and that’s just talking about a cow I don’t think ‘CHANCE’ could have ever known how to chance the human race into existence !!!!! But even this is only a small part of the really big questions …..

Here’s one of the other big question making rounds, “Why do bad things happen to good people?” So if I were explaining this to another Christian, and when I say Christian I mean one who is born again, i.e. one who has died a spiritual death to their old self and sins and has been raised to new life again along with Jesus, I would say that this is a fallen world, when Adam and Eve sinned they handed over their position of authority to the devil and so they brought sickness and death to all their generations, which is us …. But to a non-believer i.e. a person, who does not believe in Christ, firstly I would ask that person, who set up the standards as to what is good and what is bad???? You might say bad is when someone steals, murders or maybe something worse …. I don’t think I want to elaborate there ….. So good obviously is the opposite of that, rite? So it means being kind, compassionate or at least refraining from doing the above ‘BAD’ things.

BUT these are standards which we have set for ourselves, so before I make my point let me ask you another question, “What do you mean by the word HOLY? And what are the standards that u hv set up to fulfill the conditions of that word?” When I checked the dictionary it said that it was related to God, but I think that it is more than that, that word is much more wider and deeper than the word good, it’s pure, it’s something that I think no one has or can have …. If holy describes God and those are His standards then what happens to our goodness, of what use is it??? The Bible defined good and bad in the 10 commandments saying stuff like thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not lie, thou shall not murder, thou shall not commit adultery, and so on ….. So when generally when you ask yourself whether we are good or not, we come up with this answer “Hey, I’ve never murdered anyone ….. and hey I do a lot of good” But the Bible says that if you hate someone it is equivalent to murder and if you lust after a person in your heart it is the same as committing adultery, and so that makes us all guilty and I don’t think a pure and holy God should spare His wrath on us, but the truth is all the bad in the world today is there because the devil v r bad, God doesn’t do all these things to us, I can already picture the next question “ Yeah well what about all the stuff like natural disasters, famines and things like that?” I don’t know how to put it, but it’s a spiritual thing, the prince of this world is the devil and the more bad things we do, it like we are just giving him permission to blind our eyes from the truth, the only hope we have, and destroy us at the same time …… That’s why the Bible clearly warns us that the devil has come to steal, kill and destroy.

In your mind you’re probably saying “But look at all the good I’ve done doesn’t that count for something”, well let’s put it this way if someone you deeply loved and cared for was murdered, and the murderer was brought to the court and when he is presented before the judge, he says ‘judge all my life I have fed the poor and taken care of the homeless and I’ve done countless no. of good deeds, so spare me’, Do u think the judge will let Him go? No he will most probably be sentenced to death ….. And that’s where we are all rite now, we can do whatever we want to hide it but deep down we are all sitting on death row, we can laugh and joke and enjoy as much as possible but it doesn’t change the fact that we are doomed.
So by now u r probably wondering ‘so what hope do we have’ and that’s where Jesus comes into the picture, He was the perfect replacement… So instead of us dying He died the most gruesome and undignified death in history, He was nailed to a roman cross. But if it ended there, then we still wouldn’t have any hope. If the sacrifice is less than the law it will be consumed, but Jesus was greater than the law, He fulfilled it ... though HE was crucified, he over powered death and rose up, and so defeated all evil. The reason for all the ‘Thou shalt do this and thou shalt not do that’ is not to control our freedom but it is to prove to us that we can never actually fulfill it and we need to be rescued. It says in Romans chapter 3 verse 10 that ‘rather than being declared as righteous by following the law, the law would make us conscious of our sin’ and this consciousness would lead us to Jesus, our Savior, the only person who would love us after all we’ve done, who loves us too much to see us die. And when I say die I mean the eternal death, because once we accept Jesus as our Savior ‘For us to live is Christ and to die is to gain’


So I hope I was able to answer at least a small portion of ur doubts …. And the remaining I know that God will answer ….

0 comments: