Rss Feed

Hide Me ...

When we step out into the world, many of us put on a different face to hide the feelings which we bury deep inside our heart. But why do we do it ???

For this very reason I would like to tell you my experience with hiding. I discovered that we hide ourselves behind walls of anger, extreme sensitivity, gossiping, shyness etc. so that no one really sees who we are on the inside.

For a long time I did the very same thing. I would hide away all my feelings deep inside me and when things got bad, I would have all these pent up feelings just erupt, I'd end up saying the wrong things to the wrong person and usually end up hurting the persons I love the most. I tried for so long to put up a picture on the outside of a perfect peron and hold up an image that was acceptable to people who I so badly wanted to be friends with. See the thing is I never had a person who I could call my best friend, Of course now my eyes have  been opened and I see that all along I had a best friend forever, Jesus, who lovingly guided me through thick and thin, but back then I really wanted to be accepted by so called friends, and so I struggled quite a bit with the issue of 'acceptance', but God helped me overcome it. The point I'm trying to make is, I hid the real me under fakeness, and covered it up with the picture perfect person that I was not. All I ended up doing was supressing the unique person that God created me to be.

And this is what I want to share with everyone. STOP HIDING FROM YOUR SELF, the real you and all that God made you, you don't need to fit into soneone elses mold of perfection but all you need to do is be who God made you to be. You are a unique person created by God in His image, and if people can't accept that then, why should we bother with the trivial matter of trying to enter into their good books, but a word of caution, if we are wrong then we must accept that we are wrong. There's only a limit to what you can do on you own, and just as PROVERBS 3:5 says Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. The reality is we are all not perfect, but Jesus through His death and ressurection makes up the difference, so that when God looks at us He sees us as pure and acceptable.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

When I feel the pressure is too much and I can't stand it any more I go to the Word of God. So I guess I found out that the best way to stop hiding is talk to someone who can guide you to and through the Word of God, or if you feel you have no one you can trust, TELL GOD Himself, He's your Friend, your Father and everything you need Him to be.

Proverbs 3:6 :
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

NEVER FORGET THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOU, HE LOVES YOU SOO MUCH, JUST TRUST HIM IN EVERY STEP YOU TAKE AND HE WILL BE YOUR GUIDE

0 comments: